East Coast Extreme Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
East Coast Extreme Forum

When your shot is dead on, but your equipment is not.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

questions about HPA rigs.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Descydia
Noobie

questions about HPA rigs. Empty
PostSubject: questions about HPA rigs.   questions about HPA rigs. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:03 am

hello, not sure where a question like this belongs, I hope here is fine.
I have a question about getting an HPA rig. I'm not sure of a good brand, if that matters. or what the price range I'd be looking at. I tried doing my own research on the internet, but either there isn't too much information out there about them or I'm not looking in the right places.

I just want to know my options.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mendo7
Beginner
Mendo7

PostSubject: Re: questions about HPA rigs.   questions about HPA rigs. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:21 am

I myself just bought me a new hpa tank through ECE which was a "pure energy" hpa tank (which Im pretty sure is under Empire)

as for other options or brands you have Guerrilla Air, Ninja, Empire and Crossfire as well as Pure Energry tanks

as for the basic difference that i understand you can buy and hpa tank either in aluminum or fiber glass/carbon fiber

buying an aluminum one will of course be cheaper cause of the material compared to fiber glass/carbon fiber tanks

yet fiber glass/carbon fiber tanks are indeed lighter and can hold up to 4500psi instead of 3000psi like the aluminum tanks.

they can range from under $40 to anywhere between $99 and $200.

hope that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mendoza7
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

PostSubject: Re: questions about HPA rigs.   questions about HPA rigs. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:17 am

Hey Descydia,
first, what do you mean by rig? do you mean tank or reg (regulator)? if you are looking for a tank, manufacture does play a big role. some of what mendo7 said was correct. there are a few things that separate a good tank from a bad tank. stick with a company that sells replacement parts. Pure Energy (Empire) sells rebuild kits for the tank regulators and ALL of the other replacement parts such as the gauge, fill nipple, burst disks, and bonnet (threads). a lot of these parts are interchangeable with other brands like crossfire, CP, ninja etc...

We carry mostly Pure Energy tanks because the parts are inexpensive and readily available. The reg performance is excellent and we never have any complaints. (I use one myself and so does the rest of the team). CP and Crossfire tanks are excellent also, but they are anywhere from $20-$70 more than Pure Energy. We can always order you ANYTHING you want if we do not have it in stock. (just because you dont see it, doesnt mean we cant get it)

Other companies like Ninja, Guerrilla, Myth, we do not carry because if the regulator needs to be rebuilt or fixed...they need to be sent back to the manufacture for repair. Also the performance of the regulators is not great at all. some regs will "choke" or starve the gun for air causing shoot-down problems.

Let me know what kind of marker you have and i can steer you in the right direction. A lot of it is between personal preference and how much you want to spend. the steel tanks are heavier and hold 3000 psi but are less expensive. the carbon fiber tanks are significantly lighter and usually hold up to 4500psi but 2x-3x the price of the steel tanks.

OR you can just drop by the store, talk to me (Justin) or John and check out what we have in stock and you can make a decision from there.

Any other questions just let me know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EastCoastExtreme.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: questions about HPA rigs.   questions about HPA rigs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

questions about HPA rigs.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
East Coast Extreme Forum :: Paintball Discussion :: Paintball Talk-
Jump to: