East Coast Extreme Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
East Coast Extreme Forum

When your shot is dead on, but your equipment is not.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Etek3 Lt or Am??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PILOTMAN311
Beginner

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Hello All.

In the near future i will be buying an etek3. i'm really unsure if i'm going with the lt or am. i understand the differences between the markers but i'm still kind of not sure. it really has to do with how the lt has some composite parts on it(which up to my knowledge isn't as strong as aluminum on the am). But i saw an ANSgear review and Mike from tech pb saying that the composite is just as strong as the aluminum. I'm really unsure and the $100 price difference is making me suspicious. thanks in advance.

Michael
Back to top Go down
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 am

Yes they are right, the composite is a very strong material. I wouldn't say as strong as the aluminum but it is very strong. i have seen only 1 LT feedneck break and it was most likely because of abuse. in my honest opinion, i would rather have the AM because i would rather have to not worry about the composite cracking or breaking. but on the other hand, if i was on a budget, i would have to go with the LT or another marker like the Reflex or the AXE. which both the Reflex and the AXE are both on the same levels at the Etek3 and are 100% aluminum markers for under $500. (something to think about)
Back to top Go down
http://www.EastCoastExtreme.com
PILOTMAN311
Beginner

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks for the info. If i get the lt which of the three comPosite parts are most likely or break or crack?
Back to top Go down
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 pm

most likely the feedneck. but again ive only seen one break and it was from neglect. just regular everyday players shouldnt have any problems with it breaking or cracking.
Back to top Go down
PILOTMAN311
Beginner

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Lt it is. Thanks for the helP. I hope i can get it next week. If my parents r agreed to getting me it ill give the store a call and tell either you or John to order it for me. Thanks again.

Michael
Back to top Go down
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:37 am

Anytime. Just come in and put a deposit on it whenever you are ready
Back to top Go down
PILOTMAN311
Beginner

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Sounds good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Etek3 Lt or Am?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etek3 Lt or Am??   Etek3 Lt or Am?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Etek3 Lt or Am??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
East Coast Extreme Forum :: Paintball Discussion :: Guns and Gear-
Jump to: