East Coast Extreme Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
East Coast Extreme Forum

When your shot is dead on, but your equipment is not.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Airsoft Weapon Longevity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theonlyBuster
Novice
theonlyBuster

Airsoft Weapon Longevity Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft Weapon Longevity   Airsoft Weapon Longevity Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:30 am

Just a few tips to help your airsoft weapon last longer and effectively.

I. Clean your barrel.
It's one of the most important parts in having an air gun. Cleaning your barrel is good practice after every use, especially if you have a tight bore barrel. This will prevent jams and keep your gun shooting effectively. Silicon oil (or 70+5 rubbing alcohol) work great to clean your barrel.

II. Correctly charge batteries
Batteries WILL go back quickly if not charged correctly for the correct time needed. A wise decision would be to invest in a smart charger
If you have a standard wall charger take your batteries Mah rating and divide it by your chargers output Mah to get the correct amount of time to charge your battery.
Battery MaH / Charger Output MaH = X # of hours to charge

III. Ammunition
First and foremost, .12g BBs should only be reserved for springger and LPEG airsoft weapons. It is recommended that you use either .20g, .23g, or .25g for most AEG weapons.

IV. Airsoft mean clone real steel
Airsoft weapons are a clone of their real steel counterpart. With that said you should ALWAYS treat your airsoft weapons as if it was a real loaded weapon. When possible transport it in a gun case/bag with an orange tip or barrel condom. Magazines should be kept in a case's side pocket or other compartment if possible. Your battery should also be removed when the weapon is not in use.
Back to top Go down
http://fauairsoft.byethost7.com/
Ztom ece
Admin
Ztom ece

PostSubject: Great Post!   Airsoft Weapon Longevity Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Great Post!
Back to top Go down
http://ecepaintball.com
theonlyBuster
Novice
theonlyBuster

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Weapon Longevity   Airsoft Weapon Longevity Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 am

V. Internal upgrades
Not all upgrades make a huge difference to how your weapon operates. Some actually strain parts of your gun. So before installing upgrades do a little reading and asking around to see if they're really worth the money and time installing.
Keep in mind that some parts will actually down-grade your gun, which sometimes can be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Weapon Longevity   Airsoft Weapon Longevity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 pm

just go talk to the guys at ECE, Justin always helps me out. he knows alot. i wanted to upgrade my motor for a high speed motor but he just said that i should just start by upgrading to a 9.6v battery first, then upgrade to the high speed motor if i want more speed. the 9.6 is fast enough. the high speed motor might tear up my gears faster...which i dont want
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
Novice
theonlyBuster

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Weapon Longevity   Airsoft Weapon Longevity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah, definitely if you want a high rate of fire set up you'll need to install gears to take the speed-stress as well as a weaker spring (usually a M100 or M110 at most). You'll also need a new hop up buckingl hard type bucking for speed soft bucking for torque.

If you don't take the proper precautions you will break motor teeth, strip gears, and/or not even fire a single shot.
A 9.6v battery is the best advice to raise your rate of fire. Also try to get a high amplitude (mAh) so you can play for longer periods of time.
And yes agreed, Justin is extremely helpful, very knowledgeable. He's not just a random sales person trying to make a buck putting useless parts in a gun or mindlessly upgrading.
Back to top Go down
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Weapon Longevity   Airsoft Weapon Longevity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 pm

So Fla Sniper wrote:
just go talk to the guys at ECE, Justin always helps me out. he knows alot.

theonlyBuster wrote:
And yes agreed, Justin is extremely helpful, very knowledgeable. He's not just a random sales person trying to make a buck putting useless parts in a gun or mindlessly upgrading.

haha thanks guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.EastCoastExtreme.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Weapon Longevity   Airsoft Weapon Longevity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Weapon Longevity
Page 1 of 1