East Coast Extreme Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
East Coast Extreme Forum

When your shot is dead on, but your equipment is not.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
theonlyBuster
Novice
theonlyBuster

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Empty
PostSubject: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:28 am

What: Large Scale Pick-up Game aka Locals @ Hot Shots
Where: Hot Shots
16169 Southern Blvd
Loxahatchee, FL
When: October 3 starting around 9am - ?
Price: $10.65 (standard field fee) no RSVP necessary. Show up when you can, leave when you want, return and shoot again

The locals of South Florida are all getting together to go to Hot Shots and play a series of pick-up games. Teams and players from as far south as South Miami and Hialeah and as far North as Palm Bay. This should be a day packed of fun. Come to play, come to hang out, come to meet new people; but above all come to have fun.
Back to top Go down
http://fauairsoft.byethost7.com/
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:09 am

ive always wanted to go to hot shots. is the a group thing or can anyone go?
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Anyone can go, but there are going to be quite a few teams going. I know that the SEAD players are showing up, me being one of them. DAWG. Last Company (Team Im on), FAU Airsoft guys, possibly V3 But definitely going to be a hell of a crowd
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
Novice
theonlyBuster

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Should definitely be an awesome day of play and meeting new people!
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:35 pm

ya i know anyone can go to hot shots, but would i be able to join in a game or two with any of you guys? id like to start to get to know the fau guys since i might be going there next year
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:44 pm

I cannot speak for my team or Busters. However showing up in a proper uniform can definitely help your odds. A lot of these teams tend to do specific look. Never do they wear the full camo either...Out of respect for those that do wear it full time. But thats only a few of us really.

A modern load out can assure that you are teamed up with more experienced players.

Hope that helps your answer out.
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:47 pm

why wouldnt you wear full camo? are u saying its disrespectful to the military? and a modern loadout? your gonna have to explain more i dont get what you are saying
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Some people, like myself have served in the military and out of respect for the military we feel that wearing the full pattern (Blouse and Pants) is wrong. This especially goes for wearing Unit or Military Branch Patches. That some of us find extremely disrespectful. It is an honor to be awarded the Airborne patch or even one that says US Army. Now if you are rocking your Grandfathers 101st Airborne patch in honor of him, thats a different story. But with the current war many people would be offended with ISAF patches and what not.

Its a matter of preference that is all. Some of the teams prefer to mix and match their uniforms to also ensure that its just them and their team. And in regards to a more modern load out. Lets just say that if you are a backyard airsoft player who chooses to wear sneakers and jeans when you play with a camo t-shirt...odds of playing on a team with SEAD members would be null.

A good vest other than a 50.00 with a crossdraw holster would be the way to go. Check out the CIRAS Pantac Vests. Real nice modular stuff.

This whole topic of uniforms can vary from person to person. It really all boils down to what kind of role you like to play. Do you want to look like a Marine or a Navy SEAL or a Private Military Contractor? Just please no riot shields.....lol. It comes down to how much you really enjoy the hobby and how much are you willing to spend.
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 pm

ok well i wear marpat bdu's, no vest i keep my mags in my bdu jacket pocket. its too **** hot here in south florida. but are you trying to say that im going to be discriminated against because im wearing full camo?
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 pm

No not at all. You will not be discriminated at all. This is why I said to some its just a matter of choice..its my mentality, now if you were to wear specific unit patch somebody may say something. But full camo...definitely no need to feel discriminated...A lot of players wear it. Just not me and my team.

In regards to the heat the best thing you can invest in is a camelbak and keep yourself hydrated. ESPECIALLY down here. I suffered from heat stroke last summer and I can assure you, the 40.00 to buy one is well worth it considering the medical bill involved.

And one thing you will learn the more you play, having a place to stash your magazines in a spot where you can get them quickly is helpful. The vests and chest rigs are worn by the troops for a reason. They are more helpful to your game than you can imagine. And if you are properly hydrated before and during the game, what you wear wont feel so bad.

Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:58 am

ok so if i show up in full marpat camo with a "marine sniper" patch on my sleeve is anyone gonna give me s***? i mean how serious can people be? scratch its only airsoft. i thought it was just a game. these crazy rules and terms are making me wanna play paintball again. are these all grown men playing? i think im just gonna stick to renegade fields with friends for the time being. its not as serious. we are not experts like the rest. i really like airsoft but damn...

Last edited by So Fla Sniper on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 am

and i have been trying to find materials to make a riot shield do you have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:11 am

So Fla Sniper wrote:
ok so if i show up in full marpat camo with a "marine sniper" patch on my sleeve is anyone gonna give me s***? i mean how serious can people be? scratch its only airsoft. i thought it was just a game. these crazy rules and terms are making me wanna play paintball again. are these all grown men playing? i think im just gonna stick to renegade fields with friends for the time being. its not as serious. we are not experts like the rest. i really like airsoft but damn...
that better not be a flame Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.EastCoastExtreme.com
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:12 am

Justin@ECE wrote:
So Fla Sniper wrote:
that better not be a flame Suspect
its not i swear
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:20 am

So Fla Sniper wrote:

There might be a few people who would say something yes BUT I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEM. ONLY MYSELF. You did not earn that patch. It takes a lot to get one of those things. I am not saying people will say something, but why put yourself in that sort of position. Have you ever heard of the Stolen Valor Act? It means wearing any kind of military unit patch without being in there is illegal. Now I am not saying people dont do it. but they shouldnt. Yes Airsoft is a game, but Marine Snipers arent. Catch my drift. I know you respect them and all, but look at it from their point of view.

This group that is playing will not sit there and point at you like immature high school kids ..but yes there are going to be quite a few adults at this game. Average age might be over 21.

And sticking with those fields only segregates the community. Why not just suck it up risk whatever people will say to you and play airsoft? This is going to be a hell of a game with a ton of players that barely make it out to begin with. Dont start worrying about what other people will say and just play.
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
Novice
theonlyBuster

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:32 am

So Fla Sniper wrote:
ya i know anyone can go to hot shots, but would i be able to join in a game or two with any of you guys? id like to start to get to know the fau guys since i might be going there next year

We FAU guys like to hang together, but if you can keep up I don't see an issue with it. Our primary uniform is MARPAT.

In terms of the patches "debate" what L96SnIpEr is trying to say is normal patches that say things like Infantry, and other broad things like that aren't too big of a deal, but when you start wearing patches and medals troops wear now, or that are affiliated with elite groups of troops past or present it's a bit of an insult and in a sense mocking them. I personally don't have a problem with it, but imagine spending months if not years training to do one thing and then getting a patch saying you can. Then when you get home you see a bunch of kids with guns and on their shirt is your patch and they're running around claiming to be what you spend months and years training to be.
It's a bit of a slap in the face, and there are some soldiers who take great offense in it.
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 am

Thank you Buster for helping me get that message across a bit better than I could. Hopefully he understands now.
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 am

you guys take airsoft way to seriously.
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:28 am

Its beyond airsoft, its respect for the men and women that put themselves in harms way so we dont have to deal with another 9/11.

Look I am not going to tell you whether or not you can or cannot wear a unit badge. However be prepared to hear something from someone who might not be as easy going as me or Buster. It will happen and there are people who will find it disrespectful. This isnt to flame you or make you feel bad...its to inform you of the law and the feelings of many many airsoft players.

If you would like to read some information regarding this topic take a moment to read this thread. It deals with airsoft players and that topic. Spoken by those who are enlisted men.... http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?117718-Posing

At the end of the thread there are specific laws regarding this.....

This topic is getting way off hand. Hopefully you understand where we are coming from. Its not an attack or a reason to deter you from playing, we are just informing you of subjects that normally go untouched in our community.

Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:39 am

k
Back to top Go down
extreme1
ECE Mod
extreme1

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:03 pm

there are plenty of patches available to wear on your uniform that probably would not piss most people off for example

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Productimages_indeximg_KA-AC-2170-BK

King Arms Seal 2 Patch
The quick id for friendly team in environment. Back of the patch with Velcro matericals usually placed at helmets, tactical vest, backpacks, cap or BDU ... etc.

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 KA-AC-2181-ta

King Arms Remember 911 Patch

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 KA-AC-2156-OD
The NVT IFF Flag Patch. It comes with Velcro materials at the back and user can apply to anywhere they want.
Size: 90mm x 50mm

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Fcdeb7b3ba114e8379990af8db5fcbcb

Magpul Dynamics Logo Patch Red / Black
Magpul Dynamics Logo Patch Light Green
Magpul Dynamics Logo Patch Dark Green
Magpul Dynamics Logo Patch Dark Earth
Magpul Dynamics Logo Patch Dark ACU

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 D512d8a5080bea892b73d72031563cf3Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Baff593b62b5b8b1449e21d68566567aLocals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 E7e764cbfae38d995b19a635390215a7Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 7fcf8fd191ef13b692c9e93277db6201

Magpul 10th Anniversary Logo Patch

and I'm sure other airsoft company's make patches aswell,just let me know if your intrested in any and I'll be happy to get them for you.
Back to top Go down
http://eastcoastextreme.com
extreme1
ECE Mod
extreme1

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 ST1211A-2Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 MEDFLAG-2Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 ST660-2Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 HP8437-2Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 M33468-2Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 M617-2Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 FL1345-2Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 ST302-2

there are ton's of patches that you can find to put on your uniforms
Back to top Go down
extreme1
ECE Mod
extreme1

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2125_105931838Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2120_126156795Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2120_144769820Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2124_15844181Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2121_29778853Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2122_14988253Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2120_36527203Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2124_10032975Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2120_38564664Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Imapsusa_2125_104795094

Ect,ect,ect...............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3   Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locals @ Hot Shots - Oct 3
Page 1 of 1