East Coast Extreme Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
East Coast Extreme Forum

When your shot is dead on, but your equipment is not.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No wiles game?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
theswimmingfrog
Noobie

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:51 am

I went to 26.291523, -80.165425 today and there was no one there! Where are we supposed to park/go to play because I didn't see anyone and the area had no trespassing signs all over.

Is there something I'm missing?

Also is there anyone I could like text/call to make sure something is going on because it does take a chunk out of my day to go there and it was a little disappointing to not see anyone around 11-12.
Back to top Go down
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:26 pm

If you are trying to play at the spot near the turnpike and wiles road it is a "play at your own risk" type of place. The police usually will not care as long as they are not getting calls saying that people are shooting cars and making a scene. Yes there are no trespassing signs there. Again, play at your own risk.
Also the place is not structured so it is hit or miss wether or not you will find people to play with out there. People have told me that Saturday is usually the day to play airsoft. But that is just me going by someone elses word. My best advice is to bring a few friends along with u just incase there are no people there. or post up on here that u will be going out there that weekend so that people will see that and might want to join u.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EastCoastExtreme.com
theswimmingfrog
Noobie

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Oh alright so i'll do that next time. My friends couldn't come so I was pretty much alone there. Are there any places in the broward area that is played regularly other than there that you know of?
Back to top Go down
Justin@ECE
Admin
Justin@ECE

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Other than rage in Hollywood and hot shots in palm beach and the wiles spot... No
Back to top Go down
http://www.EastCoastExtreme.com
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:21 am

A bunch of players yesterday were at a fundraiser BBQ and raffle that was going on...

And Justin is right. Other than Hot Shots and Rage, there are no other legal fields, yet. That BBQ yesterday was to raise funds for one that is being constructed.
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:23 am

How did we go from talking about places to play to BBQ?
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 am

The wiles field is fun to play at. You just have to bring people to play with. Thats all.
Back to top Go down
theswimmingfrog
Noobie

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:49 am

Alright thanks everyone I applicate it. That explains the lack of people that were there Razz
And for a good reason too!

I'll hopefully see you all next weekend though?
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Not me... I'm working Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
theswimmingfrog
Noobie

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 pm

So Fla Sniper wrote:
Not me... I'm working Crying or Very sad
Sad
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 pm

So Fla Sniper wrote:

Easy, he asked where everyone was, and I answered him.
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:53 pm

L96SnIpEr wrote:
So Fla Sniper wrote:

Easy, he asked where everyone was, and I answered him.

Just curious what it had to do with anything.
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:48 pm

theswimmingfrog wrote:
I went to 26.291523, -80.165425 today and there was no one there! Where are we supposed to park/go to play because I didn't see anyone and the area had no trespassing signs all over.

Is there something I'm missing?

I told him what he was missing. Why does this concern you so much, his questions were answered. Did my post offend you?
Back to top Go down
So Fla Sniper
Novice

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:31 am

No...? Like I said I was just curious about what a BBQ had to do with playing at the wiles field. No need to argue here.
Back to top Go down
L96SnIpEr
Beginner

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 am

Its very simple to answer that. Again, he asked where most of the players were that day. I explained to him why; it was because of a BBQ being held. Many airsoft players, were there instead of the Wiles Road field on the day that he decided to show up and play...... I also was able to inform him of the other areas to play, just as Justin did.

I dont see an argument here, just you asking the same question over and over again.
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
Novice
theonlyBuster

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:11 am

Hey guys sorry I couldn't get around to informing everyone of the local happenings. Been swamped with papers and other work, as well as actual work. gotta love college and working.

FAU Airsoft, now known as Airsoft at FAU (long dumb story), will be in Bonita Springs the coming weekend (Feb 12). But that's not to say the field will be empty. The locals are expected to return to the Wiles Field the coming weekend for a few games. Games are usually from 10am until whenever everyone gets tired OR weather forces us to stop the game. Usually 10 until about 4ish.

Guys please remember to load ON THE FIELD! There's a reason we set up a staging, no-shoot area. Please use it.

A couple of you locals were shooting well over 400FPS. Let's try to limit this guys, for safety. Not gonna get into why velocity isn't everything in airsoft, I'll save that for it's own thread. So let's just stick with safety.

Have an awesome weekend, and I will see you guys on the field in the near future... After I buy ammo :-/
Back to top Go down
http://fauairsoft.byethost7.com/
theswimmingfrog
Noobie

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:59 pm

theonlyBuster wrote:
Hey guys sorry I couldn't get around to informing everyone of the local happenings. Been swamped with papers and other work, as well as actual work. gotta love college and working.

FAU Airsoft, now known as Airsoft at FAU (long dumb story), will be in Bonita Springs the coming weekend (Feb 12). But that's not to say the field will be empty. The locals are expected to return to the Wiles Field the coming weekend for a few games. Games are usually from 10am until whenever everyone gets tired OR weather forces us to stop the game. Usually 10 until about 4ish.

Guys please remember to load ON THE FIELD! There's a reason we set up a staging, no-shoot area. Please use it.

A couple of you locals were shooting well over 400FPS. Let's try to limit this guys, for safety. Not gonna get into why velocity isn't everything in airsoft, I'll save that for it's own thread. So let's just stick with safety.

Have an awesome weekend, and I will see you guys on the field in the near future... After I buy ammo :-/
Alright thanks buster, appreciate the update. Good luck w/ that ammo Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No wiles game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No wiles game?   No wiles game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No wiles game?
Page 1 of 1