East Coast Extreme Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
East Coast Extreme Forum

When your shot is dead on, but your equipment is not.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Autumn's Fall Medic procedures update.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunny E-7
Noobie

Autumn's Fall Medic procedures update. Empty
PostSubject: Autumn's Fall Medic procedures update.   Autumn's Fall Medic procedures update. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm

There has been a change in the medic procedure for this event. I did have one complaint as to the original design and have confronted it; not to mention, I‘m trying to keep this thing realistic. Please see the following.

How does “Medic” work?

When a person has been shot, they sit down where they are until a fellow teammate that has been assigned as a medic arrives to medic them. (Depending on the number of players on that team, there may be up to 5 medics per team.) The teammate will then take the player’s rope and untie all 5 knots then return the rope to the player. The player will then retie the knots and return to battle. If that player were to be stalked by the opposition, he will have 10 seconds to get to wherever he wants to be without being shot. Should he engage the enemy before that 10 seconds expires he will open himself up to be fired upon.
I feel that this way of playing is much better than a “Respawn” area. It saves a person from the exhaustion of walking to some far away location just to sit and wait for a specific time to return to play. Not to mention, the tying and untying of a knot is a little more realistic to combat since a soldier shot doesn’t walk back to base. The time it takes to tie and untie 5 knots is close to the amount of time a medic in combat would take to rush a dressing so that that soldier can return to the field of combat.
In this game, the individual that has been shot must remain in the spot in which he was shot until mediced by a medic. However, sometimes one is shot right out in the open and his teammates can’t necessarily get to him and take the time to medic him without being shot themselves. In this case, should two teammates approach the fallen comrade and touch him on each shoulder, the three may remove themselves from the open area and find cover to perform the medic procedure.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions. You may PM me here or email me at just4sng@hotmail.com.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down

Autumn's Fall Medic procedures update.
Page 1 of 1